- 1 box Angel Food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix – any flavor
- 1 tub frosting – any flavor – optional
For the Cake Mix:
- Pour both boxes of dry cake mix into a gallon size Ziploc bag
- Zip it up tight and begin to shake it well to make sure cake mixes are combined thoroughly
For the Mug Cake (1 serving):
- In a clean mug (you do not need to grease the mug), combine 3 Tbsp of the combined cake mixes with 2 Tbsp of water
- Stir well until completely combined – batter will get foamy as you stir
- Then pop it into the microwave
- Cook on high for 1 minute
- Add a little frosting on top
- When it’s finished, carefully take it out of the microwave (mug will be very warm).
- Dab a little frosting on top (optional) and dig into the warm cake. Or you can run your finger or a butter knife gently around the inside edge of the mug. Flip mug over on a plate. Add a dollop of frosting on top.
- Keep your bag of cake mix stored in your dry and cool pantry for up to 2 months. Use any type of cake mix you like, but it has to be mixed with the Angel Food Cake mix for this to work properly.
- Feel free to play with different toppings depending on the flavor of cake you use. Whipped cream, canned fruit fillings or fresh fruit are all great toppings to try.